High Five Friday is something I give myself in celebration of five good things that happened during the week. I haven’t done this in a long time, and I was inspired by Brandie at Brandie is a Bookjunkie’s Five Things Friday to bring it back. Even in the worst times, there is always something good if you look for it. Everyone loves getting a high five every now and then, and this is my high five on Friday.
- I’ve been a little under the weather this week with a horrible virus, and it’s given me a case of brain fog. Regardless of how bad I feel, manicures are always worth a high five. I know you’re seeing very little of my hand, but my journal fit in so nicely with a high five. I’m rockin’ that Hello Kitty glitter. ;)
- Speaking of hands, I’ve noticed more and more that I have my mothers hands. Her hands gave a lot of love to my family when they prepared meals, sewed clothes, and caressed someone. I couldn’t be more pleased that I share that part of her DNA, and that’s a high five for me.
- I changed my website theme…again… because I’m really more of a clean lines person. I couldn’t be more pleased with how it turned out, so that’s a high five. Maybe I’ll keep this one for a while? hmmm…
- Well, while uploading the new theme, my website crashed and gave the white screen of death. I freaked! But, I was able to quickly get in touch with my host’s tech team, and they fixed me right up. It turns out it was nothing I had done so, high five for getting my little space back so quickly and no guilty feelings.
- I have a new feature I’ll be debuting here next week, and I’m excited about it. It’s called Books and Chill, and no…not that! It will feature recommendations (what to read or not to read) and books that are trending for the week. I hope you’ll like it and find some books to just read and chill.