What a gorgeous week it has been here, weather-wise, and it’s been a good week all around. Wednesday, I had bus duty early and had to stay at work after hours for parent conferences, which made for a very long day. I was exhausted by the time I got home, but there was a high-five for me at the end of the conferences. I have a lot of high fives this week, but I managed to scale them down to just five.
- Wednesday night was the parent meetings for the eighth graders who are at risk of going to high school. This is always a grueling time, but the sixth-grade teachers made it a special night. They didn’t have to stay late, but they did, serving us homemade Petros and cake for supper. Everything was hearty and delicious, and the thought behind it was encouraging and a morale booster.
- My brother and I sold our parents’ house. The buyer will be moving in March 22, and we still have a lot of cleaning out to do and a couple of vehicles to sale. It’s been a long and slow process, but WE SOLD THE HOUSE! This is really a welcome relief because neither of us live near the area nor want to put any investment in the property.
- I’ve found my new favorite green smoothie, and it’s so much faster than chopping fresh fruits and veggies and tastes just as great. I love Dole fruit and when I came upon this package of frozen fruit/veggie mix with spinach at the grocery store, I thought I’d give it a try (I’ve had the fruit/sweet potato mix – it’s fabulous). I made the spinach concoction for the first time this week, and I think I might have melted a little in my joy. The mix of pineapple and mango (my usual smoothie), and apples, bananas, and spinach make for a very sweet and nutritious treat. I toss the fruit/veggie mix into the blender cup, add water and crushed ice, and blend about a forty-five seconds. Yummy!
- The weather here has been gorgeous for most of February. It’s supposed to be 75 degrees today…in February! I miss getting my snow days, but I’m loving the early spring. I have little sprouts of grass popping up and a few flowers are already blooming. Of course, Lotto manages to find those sprouts of grass and makes sure to mark them for his own.
- I got a new pixie haircut this week and love it. My hair is naturally curly, and I usually wind up straightening it. Now, I just shampoo, throw in a little product and go. I also had a few highlights and lowlights added in and with my natural color, the highlights made a few platinum blonde streaks. It’s different, but I love it.